Dr. Matthew Kalmar and Dr. Garrett Kalmar perform both inpatient and outpatient surgery at Huntington Hospital - Northwell Health. Huntington Hospital was just named among the top 5% of all hospitals in NYS and the highest ranked community hospital in NYS.
Below you will find the Kalmar Family Podiatry Pre-surgical instructions as well as the address for Huntington Hospital. If you have any questions regarding your surgery please call us at 631-549-0955.
1. DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING, including alcohol, water, soda, coffee AFTER MIDNIGHT the night before your surgery.
2. DO NOT SMOKE before or after your surgery. Please discuss further with your surgeon if needed.
3. ARRANGE FOR TRANSPORTATION HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL/SURGERY CENTER. You must have a responsible adult with you. You will not be permitted to drive yourself home or to go home alone by taxi, Uber, Lyft, bus, private transportation service eg.
4. SHOWER & SHAMPOO The night before surgery. NAIL POLISH SHOULD BE REMOVED from the toes and fingers.
5. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS prior to surgery, please call our office for instruction.
DAY OF SURGERY:
1. Take your INSURANCE CARD and ID with you to the hospital/surgery center.
2. PLAN TO ARRIVE AT THE HOSPITAL/SURGERY CENTER ABOUT 1 ½ HOURS BEFORE your scheduled surgery. Report directly to the admitting office, just through the main lobby.
3. WEAR LOOSE COMFORTABLE CLOTHING. Your clothing will be locked in the dressing area. No jewelry is permitted in the operating room. Please leave your jewelry, wallet, purse, or other valuables at home. If you wear glasses, contact lenses, or a hearing aid to the hospital, you will need to bring a case so that these items can be stored properly while you are in surgery.
Huntington Hospital - Northwell Health
270 Park Ave
Huntington, NY 11743
631- 351 - 2000